Group Environmental Advisor – VR/24941
Currently recruiting for an experienced Group Environmental Advisor on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based in Dyce, Aberdeen.
The Group Environmental Advisor will further develop the environmental aspects, and will assist the HSEQ and Operations Departments to ensure that all company UK and international operations are conducted in accordance with applicable environmental statutory requirements and in accordance with all site licences and permits (pollution prevention control). The post holder will assist in project work, including research and development, landfill avoidance and alternative use of process by-products.
Reporting to the Global QHSE Manager, the Group Environmental Advisor will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Key member of function in implementing and maintaining ISO 14001.
- Engaging with the Site Managers in maintaining compliance to site licenses for their respective sites.
- Preparing applications for new licenses required as operations expand.
- To be a focal point of contact with environmental regulatory bodies (SEPA, APHA etc.).
- Liaising with Operations and ensuring that wastes received are compliant with site licenses.
- Assisting Operations in ensuring legislative compliance.
- Reviewing and assessing current environmental practices against current regulations and laws.
- Advising and updating Operations on forthcoming legislation and its potential impact.
- Assisting the Global HSEQ Manager and regional HSE Leaders to manage environmental performance in accordance with targets and objectives.
- Establishing and conducting regular risk-based site inspections and audits, in accordance with the QA.
- HSE System Auditor to provide assurance to the business that company processes and procedures are implemented properly and remain fit for purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, complying with licences, consents and waste management.
- Providing support and guidance with the investigations on environmental incidents and non-conformances.
- Assisting in producing company procedures, policies and practices in relation to environmental concerns, sustainability efforts and emissions targets.
- Monitoring and measuring environmental impacts of operations.
- Formulating annual environmental reports of environmental impacts, risks and hazards.
- Developing environmental targets based on environmental reports.
- Providing input on environmental and sustainability matters for bid submissions and tender packages.
- Inputting to emergency response plans.
- Assisting in supply chain appraisals / bid reviews (e.g. for approved subcontractors and managed contractors).
- Preparing and maintaining environmental aspects and impacts registers, as well as environmental management plans (including site waste management) etc.
- As Lead, assisting in investigations into environmental incidents, including near misses.
- Monitoring waste management performance, plus water and energy use and emissions, and ensures all data is recorded and retained.
- Developing and rolling out environmental management awareness campaigns, training, toolbox talks, etc.
- Ensuring site water management is planned ahead of operations to prevent pollution.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Environmental Science, or a similar subject / discipline.
- ISO 14001 Auditor qualification.
- Previous experience in a similar Environmental Advisor type role.
- Proven experience in an environmental compliance role, or similar.
- Experience with PPC permits, their implementation and leading the changes - based on company requirements.
- IOSH Working Safely qualification.
- ISO 14001 Lead Auditor qualification.
- Full or Practitioner IEMA membership, or above (or equivalent professional membership).
- Previous oil and gas or energy industry experience.
- Experience of working within the licensed waste industry.
- Experience with sustainability practices and their implementation.
- Experience with preparing, submitting and obtaining relevant environmental permits and consents.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team