Head of Procurement - VR/22050
Head of Procurement required to join a market leader in offshore engineering. This organisation can trace its company history back to the mid-nineteenth century and is built upon a solid foundation of success, which now places them at the forefront of their field.
As Head of Procurement, your remit will span across 4 business-units within the company group, taking leadership of the Procurement & Supply Chain Team and all associated activities.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and implementing a group-wide procurement plan and supply chain strategy; aligning with company goals and 5-year plans.
- Responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of the Supply Chain function; covering imports / exports, quality, cost of delivery etc.
- Establishing department KPI’s and associated scorecards / matrixes.
- Delivering executive summaries to the CFO; measuring spend vs savings.
- Playing a key role in the company leadership team; recommending solutions to company issues to meet short, medium and long-term objectives.
- Encouraging a strategic approach to purchasing processes.
- People leadership: managing a global team and promoting a culture of personal and collective accountability whilst encouraging individual growth and development.
- Responsibility for the vendor supply base and approved suppliers list.
- Leading in supplier dispute resolution activities.
Applicants to this position should offer demonstrable experience in a senior/strategic procurement management role. You will ideally be MCIPS qualified (or equivalent), with a proven knowledge of contract management, strategic sourcing and people management.
Excellent negotiation and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to deliver complex projects on-time and under-budget. This opportunity is well-suited to a dynamic individual, capable of balancing a demanding work load and thriving under pressure.
Experience in the oil and gas, marine and/or renewable industries is preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team