Hydraulic Workover Engineer - VR/28352
Currently recruiting for an experienced Hydraulic Workover Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Kingswells, Aberdeen. It is a 12-month contract position, and the company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role. Hybrid working opportunities will be available.
The Hydraulic Workover Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing, planning and coordinating completion, workover and abandonment programs and activities.
- Ensuring that completion operations are in compliance with all regulatory requirements, organisational performance standards and goals.
- Providing cost estimates and coordinate resources to ensure timely and efficient operations.
- Being the main point of contact between field operations and onshore support.
- Working collaboratively with drilling engineering to deliver wells that meet the well life cycle and deliver the well objectives within budget, on schedule and without incident.
- Providing onshore engineering support for completion operations for troubleshooting problem jobs.
- Preparing completion, testing and stimulation programs, including equipment specification and selection, flow modelling and tubing stress analysis.
- Preparing cost estimates and cost control for completion activities.
- Maintaining awareness of new completions technologies, and when appropriate, their incorporation into designs and work programs.
- Working with third party service providers to ensure quality assurance and quality control.
- Ensuring lessons learned are captured and communicated to the team.
- Ensuring end of well reports are compiled and complete.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- IWCF Well Control Level 4 certification is essential.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Completion/Hydraulic Workover Engineer type role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with a North Sea-based E&P company/operator, would be preferred.
- Extensive operational experience within drilling / completion engineering is essential.
- Applicants should have experience with the selection of completion equipment, including materials requirements.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team