Instrument & Control Engineer - VR/26388
Currently recruiting for an experienced Instrument & Control Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an FPSO Operator based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire. Hybrid working will be available and there will be a requirement to travel offshore as part of this role.
The Instrument & Control Engineer will provide operations and maintenance support to offshore installations. The successful candidate will act as the onshore technical focal point for instrumentation, control, metering and telecommunications.
The Instrument & Control Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Executing agreed design and engineering, and delivering quality output on time and within budget – ensuring defined requirements are met.
- Providing technical support with regards to the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Reviewing planned maintenance routines.
- Raising modification requests and reviewing modification requests raised by others.
- Raising contract service orders (technical work scopes) for vendors.
- Reviewing technical content of maintenance frame agreements and determining spares requirement for items of equipment.
- Reporting on progress, setbacks, opportunities, risks, concerns and anomalies to both job leader and line manager.
- Proposing, developing and maintaining discipline standards, improvement initiatives, templates and tools in liaison with the line manager to improve quality and cost-effectiveness.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Chartered Engineer status would be preferred.
- Functional Safety Engineer (TÜV Rheinland) certification would be preferred.
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar operations / maintenance-focused Instrument & Control Engineer type role, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team