IT Application Analyst - VR/26049
Leading exploration and production company are looking for an IT Application Analyst to be based in their Aberdeen headquarters on an initial 12-month contract basis. The role holder must be able to work closely with the IT organisation and key customers, and be able to support and provide advice on IT application solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolving application incidents, problems and fulfilment of service requests and upgrades.
- Day-to-day operational management of all approved applications software and associated licences and services as defined – Support for applications in the following business areas (but not necessarily limited to) – production reporting systems, real time production data management systems, drilling information systems, document management systems, business plan forecasting, HES systems and maintenance systems.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for all applications and services managed by the Applications Team.
- Application service monitoring / alerting.
- Technical input into a variety of IT projects that are either application / software focused or have a significant IT contribution required.
- Project management of the implementation of new / upgraded applications.
- Liaising with third party software providers regarding incidents, enhancements, and upgrades.
- Participating in managing the applications portfolio including creation and maintenance of roadmaps and rationalisation.
- Conducting application development activities in accordance with the software development lifecycle and defined change control and release management procedures.
- Application lifecycle management; change control / release management.
- Disaster recovery and testing.
- Security of applications – management of service accounts.
- Access control of applications.
- Following IT governance requirements e.g., IT architecture reviews.
- Raising support / maintenance agreements for responsible business applications.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively meet the key job responsibilities as documented above including the required technical and soft skills necessary to be successful.
- Communication: Must be a strong communicator, will need to be able to communicate in writing and verbally with a variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Be able to work with, but not be limited to, the following technologies: .NET, IIS, SQL Server, Oracle, Java in both client-server and web based applications. Active Directory group management. Good experience in Windows server application configuration including SSL Certs, firewall and security settings.
- Web based application knowledge on Web Logic, Apache Tomcat etc.
- PowerShell scripting.
- Power BI report writing and report modifications.
- Knowledge of Energy components and PI.
- Degree level technical qualification.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team