IT Manager - VR/28265
TMM Recruitment is working with prestigious and renowned organisation to assist in sourcing a new IT Manager on a permanent basis. This is a VERY exciting opportunity with a fabulous employer where you will develop your IT career while enjoying a degree of flexibility and added benefits rarely seen in the Aberdeen market.
- Responsible for the smooth running of IT service in line with ITIL v4 best-practice including service level management, incident management, service request management, change enablement and problem management.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line technical support to all users on systems/services including but not limited to:
- Hardware/devices: desktops, laptops, servers, phones, desk phones, conference devices, franking machine, printers, and photocopiers;
- Software: Windows 10 and above, macOS Catalina and above, Windows Server 2016 and above, standard desktop applications, specialist applications and mobile applications;
- Network: cabling, patching, routers, switches, wireless access points and VPN.
- Overseeing the IT service management system by organising, planning, and prioritising IT support and project tickets.
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the IT operation.
- Proactively identifying and resolving issues to improve the IT operation.
- Creating policies, processes and procedures and contributes to the IT knowledgebase.
- Responsible for the IT asset management lifecycle.
- Ordering IT equipment and supplies from approved suppliers and vendors.
- Providing advice and guidance to end-users on cyber security, data protection, and policies.
- Helping end-users get the best out of the in-house business systems by working with them to understand their requirements and delivering the best possible solution in each case.
Infrastructure and Systems
- Responsible for the company’s IT infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Desktops, laptops, phones, desk phones and conference devices;
- Servers, NAS, and SAN;
- Routers, firewalls, access points and switches;
- Printers, photocopiers, and franking machines.
- Responsible for IT systems resilience ensuring technologies such as RAID, backups, failover, security systems etc. are in place and maintained.
- Creating and maintaining the IT disaster recovery and resilience plan.
- Supporting the client hardware and server infrastructure including setup, maintenance, patching, troubleshooting, upgrades, backups and restores.
- Managing the cyber security strategy.
- Managing a cyber security response plan.
- Organising, hosting, and taking part in yearly table-top exercises to test the cyber security response plan.
- Organising quarterly cyber security awareness sessions and phishing campaigns.
- Ensuring compliance with Cyber Essentials+ and IASME Gold and recertifies yearly.
Data Protection/Information Security
- Responsible for the company’s compliance with the UK GDPR and other relevant data protection laws.
- Assisting the DPO with the maintenance of the company’s Record of Processing Activities (RoPA), Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and Legitimate Interest Assessments (LIAs).
- Conducting regular GAP analysis and identifies issues for remediation.
- Developing policies, procedures and documentation relating to data protection and information security.
- Ensuring relevant staff are trained and aware of data protection and information security policies.
- Actively committed to own development by keeping up-to-date with latest technology and industry events.
- Representing the IT Team and company in a professional manner with both internal and external stakeholders and by doing so reflecting the values and personality.
- Undertaking any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Significant IT experience with notable experience at senior/management level.
- Technical knowledge of servers, client operating systems, standard desktop applications and mobile applications.
- Experience in leading IT projects.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communicator.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Approachable and helpful by nature.
- Driving licence.
- Knowledge of data protection laws (UK/EU GDPR, DPA 2018, PECR etc.).
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP).
- University degree in an IT/computing related subject.
- Customer service/IT service delivery experience.
- ITIL 4 Foundation accredited.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team