IT Officer - VR/23546
TMM Recruitment are currently recruiting for an IT Officer to join a successful and prestigious organisation based in central Aberdeen to fulfil a 6-month Fixed Term Contract starting ASAP. This role will be office based.
- Supporting the day-to-day continued operation of the IT systems and infrastructure.
- Administrative support for a busy IT and Infrastructure Department.
- Ensuring the IT documentation and administrative requirements are managed and kept up to date.
- Managing and updating the incident management / change control / inventory system.
- Assisting with IT projects.
- Ad-hoc cover for facilities and office management tasks.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Management and tracking of incidents, change control notifications and inventory changes in the helpdesk system.
- Dealing with administrative tasks in support of the IT and Infrastructure Department.
- Assisting with projects as directed, note taking and task follow up.
- Supporting and assisting with ongoing document and procedural changes.
- Ad-hoc cover for certain tasks associated with Facilities and Office Management.
- Assisting in testing and documentation of new applications.
- Assisting with Budgets / Financial Planning / Cost Tracking.
- Assisting in inventory and stock tracking with associated documentary updates.
- Handling ad-hoc requests for new equipment and software.
- Providing “Help Desk” technical support in MS windows and MS Office environment and additional software as required.
- Providing formal IT induction and basic training to new starts in approved systems, hardware and cyber security.
- Organising repair, maintenance and disposal of machines by third party vendors.
- Account creation, monitoring and security.
- Developing applications within ProcessMaker from initial request thought to application delivery.
- Assisting with development and training of users in SharePoint and ProcessMaker.
- Performing DSE assessments of existing and onboarding staff. Advising remote workers in carrying out their own DSE assessments.
- Carrying out TauRx staff onboarding and offboarding in liaison with HR and requests from Heads of Function.
- Monitoring weekly anti-virus reports and daily firewall reports.
- Conducting all job-related activities according to the company QMS and relevant regulatory and guideline requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Tertiary level education (HNC and above) ideally covering some form of Administration / Business / IT.
- Proven experience in a professional work environment (ideally Pharma / Medical / Biotech but also can be from another highly regulated industry such as Oil and Gas or Financial).
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office / Office 365.
- Basic IT training or relevant experience in system usage and IT support.
- Ideally have working knowledge of an IT Department.
- Ability to troubleshoot and handle IT incidents.
- A good team player and a willingness to learn.
- Working knowledge of IT systems and applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable and capable of handling a wide variety of tasks.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team