Legal Adviser - VR/27166
Opportunity to join an organisation which regulates and influences the upstream oil, gas and carbon storage industries, helping accelerate the move to net zero while meeting energy demand and security.
As Legal Adviser, you must be qualified to practise as a solicitor or advocate/barrister in Scotland and/or England & Wales.
You will work closely with the senior lawyers and with the operational, regulatory and policy teams, advising on licensing and compliance matters and assisting in the development and implementation of projects, guidelines and operational procedures.
You’ll need a working knowledge of upstream oil and gas law and should possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to provide clear, constructive advice on complex legal matters, and the confidence and initiative to find workable solutions to policy and operational challenges.
In addition, you may have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- The industry's operation of joint ventures and general commercial agreements.
- Civil procedure and appeals process.
- Working with public sector organisations and/or on policy matters.
Other required skills and experience include:
- Excellent drafting and communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Flexibility and resilience to deal with high-volume and competing priorities and the ability to work effectively with colleagues who are themselves often under pressure.
- The ability to provide quick, confident and authoritative legal advice to colleagues.
- Sensitivity to broader political and commercial aspects of the Oil and Gas regulatory regime.
- The ability to think strategically about how legal services can support the priorities of the organisation.
- Excellent analytical and handling skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- The ability to provide and communicate authoritative, high-quality advice, often within very tight timescales.
- The ability to look at problems with a pragmatic, political and commercial, as well as a legally robust, perspective.
It is desirable (though not essential) to have a demonstrable interest and understanding of regulatory and/or commercial matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation which prides itself on creating a diverse team of talented, committed individuals; and be a great place to work; where employees are supported to develop their capability in a dynamic, busy organisation whilst promoting a positive work life balance.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team