Market Insight Officer - VR/23655
Located in Aberdeen City Centre the appointment of a Market Insight Officer will be on a 12-month, fixed term basis. Encompassing elements of marketing and IT, this varied role would be well suited to a recent graduate with a placement year in their field. Full specification and further details can be found below.
It is the purpose of this role to work effectively within the Marketing Insight Team to produce effective and professional market insight and research supporting the realisation of the strategic ambitions and revenue targets.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with team colleagues to provide comprehensive market insight as directed by the Market Insight Analyst.
- Supporting with the provision of detailed market insight in particular areas (i.e. the online market or widening access) within the business, provide relevant individuals with insights and supporting their needs in relation (a) the development of plans to achieve and monitor campaign plans; and (b) to portfolio development and review.
- Supporting with, and where necessary designing, the analysis and reporting of data generated from both the internal databases and external data sets to generate a competitive advantage.
- Supporting the undertaking of qualitative market research in the UK and overseas market.
- Collecting information from and interpreting evidence gathered from of relevant key stakeholders that relates to any market insight activity.
- Communicating findings of any analysis generated through written reports and presentations to the wider business.
- Supporting with the design and development of dashboards that allows other members of staff to access and visualising key market insight data.
- Ensuring that confidentiality of information is maintained in line with data protection requirements and company policy.
- Providing additional reports and analysis on an ad-hoc basis on issues of particular and immediate topics of interest or areas of concern.
- Providing other general planning support to the wider Strategy, Planning and Policy Department as and when required.
Applicants to this role require:
- First degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of data visualisation best practice and tools.
- An understanding of data protection and its application to statistical reporting.
- Understanding of approaches to quantitative and qualitative market research.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully delivery projects.
- Good oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with tact and diplomacy and maintain high customer standards.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Highly motivated, flexible and adaptable nature.
- Analytical skills particularly in the use of statistical data.
- Research skills with the ability to combine complex information from various sources.
- Data visualisation skills.
- Proven ability of succinct report writing which enables decision making.
- Further qualification in a relevant subject area, such as data analytics or marketing.
- Membership of the Market Research Society, Chartered Institute of Marketing or other relevant professional body.
- Working knowledge of data preparation, blending and analytics software.
- Understanding of the main sources of higher education market research.
- Experience in survey design, execution and analysis and other standard research techniques.
- Ability to work with Tableau and/or Alteryx to analyse data and create visualisations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team