Mechanical Engineering Team Lead - VR/27403
Currently recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Engineering Team Lead on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Turriff in Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week and hybrid working opportunities will be available upon completion of the 3-month probationary period. Based on the location, access to a car and a full driving licence is essential.
The Mechanical Engineering Team Lead will lead, direct and assist with the day-to-day output from the Mechanical / Structural Design Engineering Team to meet the operational and project requirements of the business. The post holder will ensure that all relevant procedures are being complied with and will manage specific mechanical design resource requirements.
The Mechanical Engineering Team Lead will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsibility and accountability for mechanical / structural design output.
- Ensuring that all designs are in accordance with relevant standards.
- Delivering engineered solutions in-line with project delivery schedules.
- Providing resource / cost estimates for all main projects.
- Contributing to the upkeep / accuracy of all mechanical design specific project plans.
- Compliance with all departmental processes and procedures.
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of departmental processes / procedures.
- Providing regular updates on progress, workload and resourcing.
- Ensuring the efficient use of department resources.
- Ensuring accurate sign-off of staff timesheets.
- Identifying and reporting any potential bottle necks / red flags / issues within the department.
- Training and coaching other team members in good design practices and relevant standards.
- Quantifying staff performance and identifying training needs through adherence to the company appraisal scheme.
- Effectively managing all people matters in a fair and consistent manner, in line with company policies and procedures.
- Providing technical support where necessary to support business needs.
- Providing guidance and mentoring to all direct reports.
- Participating in the recruitment of key personnel.
- Managing department / staff holidays.
- Applying HR policies and procedures where necessary.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar role within the North Sea oil and gas industry.
- Experience in the checking and approval of engineering documentation.
- Knowledge of winches and associated equipment.
- Good understanding of hydraulic / pneumatic / electrical circuitry.
- In-depth knowledge of design standards such as CLAME, DNVGL-ST-0378, DNVGL-ST-E2.7-3, DNVGL-ST-E2.7-1 etc.
- Experience with Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience with Mathcad and FEA.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Experience using STAAD Pro.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team