Mechanical Technician (Diesel Engines) - VR/24923
TMM Recruitment iscurrently assisting with the recruitment for an onshore Mechanical Technician (who will ideally have previous diesel engine knowledge) to carry out the maintenance and refurbishment work on our equipment, including trouble shooting and diagnoses of basic Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Electrical issues as they arise.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carrying out maintenance and refurbishment work as required.
- Carrying out upgrades to assets as required.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing basic Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Electrical issues.
- Maintenance/repair/upgrade documentation to be completed on a timely manner and to a high standard following procedure.
- Assisting with FAT testing as and when required following procedures and processes.
- Reporting any breakages or damages as required.
- Following processes and procedures ensuring the safety and wellbeing of self and all others.
- Mentoring and coaching the team within the business providing technical expertise when required.
- As and when required, assisting with the assembly of new build assets and manufacturing.
- Function testing all diesel and electrical power packs on zoned and safe area.
- Using initiative to forward plan within the department ensuring efficiency is in place.
- Monitoring and maintaining hand tooling and equipment, report any shortages in material or tooling.
- Locating raw materials, purchased and manufactured parts ensuring they are available and correct.
- Ensuring the efficient use of department resources.
- Interaction with toolbox talks and task specific risk assessments.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
Qualifications & Skills Required
- Time served Mechanical Technician or relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of diesel engines.
- Experience in hydraulics.
- Experience in 12v and 24v electrics would be advantageous.
- Good IT knowledge.
- Self-motivated and display the ability to work under pressure and sometimes to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team or standalone.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team