Net Zero Senior Land Advisor - VR/25911
New opportunity to be an integral part of a large, ongoing environmental project with a leading oil and gas operator as a Net Zero Senior Land Advisor. This is an ongoing contract position with a minimum duration of 6 months but should be a long-term opportunity. Seeking PAYE contractors with DCO (development consent order) experience within any background, however ideally within the Onshore Pipeline remit. This is an Aberdeen based role, however, candidates working remotely across the UK will be considered.
As the Net Zero Senior Land Advisor you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting in ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe and environmentally prudent manner, complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation, and the businesses HSEQ procedures.
- Leading in ensuring necessary development consent order regulatory permits and consents are in place to support venture final investment decision, inclusive of any local regulatory planning requirements and supporting environmental impact assessments.
- Leading and influencing negotiation of land access, lease or purchase for the onshore facilities and pipeline, ensuring land access agreements and associated lease or purchase negotiations are in alignment with key company drivers and objectives.
- Overseeing delivery of the company’s land agent contract for the V net zero pipeline, including progress, cost and risk management reporting. Including forecasting and monitoring land costs and liabilities through the land agreement process.
- Developing and maintaining a register of commitments relating to land access agreements and stakeholder engagements.
- Establishing and maintaining the company’s relationships with landowners, in accordance with the stakeholder management strategy objectives, from preparation of development consent order throughout construction and commissioning.
- Interfacing with the V Net Zero Project Team to ensure engineering construction requirements are reflected in the land access agreements and associated development consent order commitments.
- Supporting the VNZ Onshore Development Manager in the day-to-day delivery of the onshore pipeline development consent order preparation, assessment and gaining necessary regulatory consent. Inclusive with oversight of external consultants to deliver proportionate and robust environmental impact assessments and timely consents.
- Monitoring engineering, environmental, planning and overall DCO related, manpower and productivity. Using analytical insight to identify and propose resolutions for areas of concern or opportunity.
- Delivering required development consent order and land access related documentation and decision support packages to support regulatory requirements, corporate requirements, and the project assurance process.
- Leading coordination of site appraisals and optioneering studies to ensure all consenting and technical risks are understood and incorporated into the development and refinement of project design.
- Assessing readiness for examination phase and associated supporting documentation and draft planning consents in relation to landowner engagement status and progression of land agreements.
- Assisting with the development of the internal and external scopes of work required to deliver the onshore work programme, including development consent order approval and land access for necessary facilities.
- Working together with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure that the onshore design and associated plans comply with the requirements for the development consent order and other regulatory planning obligations.
- Supporting company consultation and communication strategy and represent company key messages in key stakeholder forums including public consultations.
- Developing novel approaches and innovative thinking to bring development opportunities forward for value creation.
- Coaching team members on accepted DCO practices an active role model and promote innovation, good communication and a positive work environment.
- Mobilising to site periodically throughout project, including a presence during key parts of the consultation, examination and consenting process and at periods during the construction programme, with potential for extended periods in the Humber and Lincolnshire areas during this time and as needed to establish and maintain relationship with landowners and key contract stakeholders.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Strong academic background: A degree, or equivalent experience, with a specialisation in a particular field, for example town planning or environmental role that can be applied in the context of this role.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of taking an NSIP application through the DCO application process, including examination.
- Experience of leading EIA surveys and assessments.
- Experience of onshore construction pipeline project management would be advantageous.
- Professional registration with a relevant engineering and / or planning institute would be preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in resolving complex stakeholder negotiations, with a strong record of influencing and engagement required. Local knowledge to the stakeholder and commercial landscape in Lincolnshire and Humber management would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience in working in multi-disciplined project teams, inclusive of staff supervision.
- Thorough understanding of DCO and regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of offshore EIA works and The Crown Estate lease options for the offshore pipelines and storage sites would be advantageous.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team