Operational Technology Security Engineer - VR/26706
We are working with a rapidly expanding and forward-thinking specialist Cyber Security Consultancy based in Aberdeen to source an Operational Technology Security Engineer. The successful candidate will have an applicable degree or experience in a relevant area, excellent verbal, and written communication skills as well as an aptitude for learning new systems and concepts.
The companies consulting security team provide consultancy services to help our customers understand the existing security posture of their Operational Technology (OT) environment, identifying where potential gaps or vulnerabilities exist while introducing appropriate security improvements and ways of working.
The successful candidate should have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to interact effectively with fellow team members and our customers. Customer interaction can be from executive level down to highly technical analysts working in structured and unstructured situations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Participating in control system cyber security audits and risk assessments.
- Inventory gathering on offshore and onshore industrial locations.
- Creating and interpretating OT network topology diagrams and data flows.
- Creating and installing baseline cyber security controls.
- Creating relevant customer focused processes and procedures based on industry standards (e.g., IEC62443, OG86 etc.).
- Implementing defined cyber security controls on customer systems.
- Deploying cyber security technologies, standards, processes, and procedures.
- Relevant degree or any relevant experience.
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) desirable but not mandatory.
- A willingness for occasional offshore/on-site work is vastly preferred.
- MCSE/MCSA/CCNA or any equivalent knowledge in these areas.
- Working knowledge of basic process control systems and components.
- Good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Industry security standards.
- Knowledge of security 'Best Practices'.
- Technical documentation preparation and review.
- Experience with existing security tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of networking.
- Deployment of anti-malware technologies.
- Knowledge of industrial site safety practices.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team