Operations / Maintenance Engineer - VR/28910
Currently recruiting for an experienced Operations/Maintenance Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a leading provider of floating production solutions. Based out of the company’s Aberdeen office, this role will involve occasional international travel.
The Operations/Maintenance Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Serving as focal point in the identification and creation of service purchase requests within IFS and liaising with Procurement and Logistics (both local and head office) in the scheduling, procurement and delivery of spares, materials and equipment as needed. Scheduling and monitoring progress of the procurement and logistics cycle to ensure availability as per the operational requirements.
- Supporting the Technical and Maintenance Manager in the preparation of maintenance schedules for campaigns and projects, such as planned maintenance shutdown, diving inspections etc, and communication of these schedules to all parties.
- Directing and coordinating all relevant local requisitions for spares, consumables and services for repairs and maintenance activities.
- Identifying maintenance backlog (overdue work orders from CMMS / IFS). In consultation with the Technical and Maintenance Manager and offshore management, evaluating and finalising scope. Developing or managing the development of required work packs for planned maintenance tasks where needed. Monitoring IFS dashboard on daily basis, ensuring that SCPM and RA get the attention it needs.
- Visiting the unit on a regular basis as required. It is expected that the Operations/Maintenance Engineer will visit the unit at least once in a 3-month period for monitoring the performance and planning of maintenance activities.
- Supporting the OIM in the management and levelling of offshore personnel (core crew and visitors) within the allowable POB for the Asset.
- Coordinating operational/asset objectives from a planning, scheduling and progress reporting standpoint and serve as focal point in the preparation, maintenance, progressing and reporting of the asset integrated schedules covering 14D, 90D and 18M operational/maintenance plan.
- Supporting the Technical and Maintenance Manager in client related meetings and reporting/preparations as required.
- This position shall support the activities of the Technical and Maintenance Manager, particularly during extraordinary modifications and activities. Providing cover for the Senior Operations Engineer and/or Technical and Maintenance Manager when required.
- Continuous improvement of maintenance strategy, in order to achieve a safe and efficient operation.
- A relevant Engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
- Current/valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly within the North Sea oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Previous FPSO experience would be highly desirable.
- Previous offshore experience would be preferred.
- Applicants should be familiar with shutdown and offshore operations.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team