Procurement Administrator - VR/27748
Procurement Administrator required for a 12-month contract with our client, a worldwide leader in their field. Based in Aberdeen, a hybrid working arrangement (2 days from home) is available once the successful applicant has settled into the role.
As Procurement Administrator, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing requisitions to ensure they are properly authorised and correct in accordance with department procedures.
- Procuring/sourcing or hire equipment, materials and services.
- Obtaining air freight requests.
- Ensuring all returns are actioned in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all equipment for repair is sent to the vendor. Obtaining weekly updates on status of repair.
- Satisfying the requirement of the requisitioner in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Maintaining good communication with requisitioners to ensure they are appraised of requisition status.
- Expediting orders in a timely manner, updating Maximo and advising of any orders with a long-extended lead time.
- Assisting in budget control and analysing/reporting any major AFE over-runs.
- Assisting with preparation for budget submissions.
- Ensuring accuracy of Purchase Orders and invoices.
- Ensuring electronic document filing system is maintained and kept up to date.
- Negotiating contracts with various suppliers obtaining best cost and lead time without sacrificing quality.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Experience working within a fast-paced procurement environment.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Good communication time management skills.
- A positive ‘service attitude’.
- A systematic and conscientious approach to work.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of drilling industry and associated equipment (preferred, not essential).
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team