Production Planner - VR/23721
We are looking to recruit a Production Planner for our FMCG client on a permanent staff basis.
Reporting to Head of Planning, the purpose of the role is to efficiently plan all processing activities, including maintaining all systems and planning processes as required as well as calculating and ordering top level raw materials.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Planning and scheduling production lines and work stations as required;
- Planning and scheduling all raw material requirements;
- Liaising closely with production managers, identifying all threats to the plan and helping devise solutions;
- Ensuring planned production achieves the most cost-effective utilization of time, labour, materials and packaging. Review and challenge production schedules to ensure best practice;
- Effective and timely communicating promotions and product changes to the production team;
- Balancing, controlling and managing all inventory (finished goods/raw/WIP);
- Maintaining and updating all data as required in planning files and schedules;
- Identifying and progressing any cost saving opportunities;
- Attending meetings, taking accurate notes and relaying relevant information back to the team; and
- Standing in for other members of the Planning Team.
Applicants to this role require
- Previous experience in similar role, preferably within FMCG.
- Strong experience of raw material, production planning and campaigning.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the business.
- Highly computer literate with excellent knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- High Attention to detail.
- Highly organised with high literacy and numeracy.
- Problem solving.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team