Project Cost Controller - VR/23708
We are supporting our client, a leader in the energy services sector, in their search for a Project Cost Controller. This is an attractive 1-year contract with the potential to become permanent. Experience in a similar role is essential and FPSO knowledge would be advantageous.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparing cost control reports including commitments, expenditures and forecast.
- Participating in preparation of the profit and loss analysis.
- Preparing budgets and forecasts ensuring that appropriate levels of costs are included. Challenging cost estimates where appropriate.
- Using data management skills and software experience to search, analyse and present information.
- Analysing actual costs and forecast expenditure as directed and provides details on variances between budget and previous forecast.
- Conducting regular reviews with the budget holder and budget spenders, comparing forecast expenditure against budget.
- Highlighting on time areas of concern for cost over-run or under spends; recommending actions or solutions.
Applicants to this role require
A strong and experienced Cost Controller with a good work ethic, having a professional outlook with knowledge of accounting and commercial processes and data management.
Furthermore, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant education over 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- A technical knowledge in Oil and Gas, FPSO preferred.
- A proactive approach to the role and be able to demonstrate added value.
- Excellent command of English, both verbally as well as in writing.
- The willingness to travel on very occasional short-term overseas business trips.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team