Project Engineer (Fabric Maintenance) – VR/25330
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer (Fabric Maintenance) on a permanent staff basis for a leading engineering and maintenance provider based in Bridge of Don, Aberdeen. At present, the company is offering one day per week of remote / home working. There will also be a requirement to work offshore on occasion - therefore, applicants must be willing to work offshore.
The successful candidate will act as the Project Engineer for FM and Insultation (CUI) related work scopes in support of operations.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and monitoring the contract budgets and costs.
- Reviewing and approving invoices prior to submittal to client.
- Communicating progress and any operational difficulties and commercial implications to the customer.
- Managing negotiations with the customer where any variations and changes to contract carry commercial implications.
- Communicating the progress, variations and costs of the contract to the customer and company management, and suggesting improvements and efficiencies.
- Planning operations in conjunction with the client FM Coordinator.
- Communicating progress of operations through liaison with clients on a regular basis.
- Ensuring that all client expectations are delivered.
- Following up on customer enquiries and demands promptly.
- Identifying and reacting to shortfalls in customer service.
- Cultivating and developing good customer relations.
- Planning and monitoring the requisition and expedition of all personnel requirements (including subcontractor services) for all project and shutdown related work scopes (FM Campaigns, E&C works and all shutdown works).
- Liaising with the HR Team and Platform Team regarding resource requirements and mobilisation of personnel.
- Ensuring coordination of shipments to worksite through Logistics Department.
Operations & Technical:
- Carrying out offshore FM related work surveys.
- Overseeing the planning and implementation of the contract and specific work scopes / activities.
- Managing all activities including those of sub-contractors.
- Monitoring all activities to ensure compliance with relevant HSEQ procedures, cost and schedule control.
- Providing technical support to offshore and onshore teams across all disciplines.
- Attending project kick-off meetings.
- Liaising with Engineers to gain knowledge of future projects.
- Raising all work instructions, TASC assessments and work orders / job cards for offshore activities.
- Ensuring that CTRs, project estimates, work scopes and work instructions / work packs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that the mobilisation of personnel, plant, equipment and materials are inputted into client’s planning system and are tracked internally.
- Working with Estimating Department to optimise tender values and specifications.
- Initiating contract files for all customer and project information.
- Managing growth and variations.
- Setting up and maintaining key communications with offshore teams.
- Liaising with the HR Team to assist in the recruitment, induction and deployment of personnel.
- Undertaking assessments of team members using appropriate standards of competence.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Current / valid offshore certification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within the fabric maintenance field of the oil and gas industry, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess sound working knowledge of scaffolding, painting, insulation, passive fire protection etc.
- Knowledge of the LSA, cleaning, architectural and abseiling fields would be preferred.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team