Project Engineer - HVAC - VR/29044
Our oil and gas service company client are looking for a HVAC Project Engineer for a short term, 3-month contract at their premises in Dyce. HVAC experience is essential, and applicants must be available to start on short notice.
As the Project Engineer, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Understanding and agreeing the scope of work with the client.
- Engineer a suitable technical solution in a scope of work document, in line with relevant client, national or international standards.
- Compiling an estimate for the job.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with client and vendors and maintain client communications and reporting as required.
- Assisting the Operations Manager to ensure the training and competency processes are adhered to.
- Ensuring the competence of the manpower assigned to the project meets the scope requirements.
- Compiling an accurate method statement compliant with the appropriate standards and specifications to determine how the scope should be carried out.
- Collating information from other technical disciplines to develop the work pack/instruction.
- Defining the materials, plant, equipment and consumables required to execute the work.
- Defining the disciplines and level of competence required to execute the work.
- Providing information on risks and mitigation actions in general, and specifically with regards to occupational health.
- Liaising with the business planning and supplying departments and provide information on the activities that comprise the overall scope, including disciplines, levels of competence and duration for the development of a planning schedule.
- Ensuring the required plant, equipment, PPE, consumables and materials are shipped on time, and check that it is returned on time.
- Liaising with the client planning department with regards to progress of the work scope.
- Developing CTR’s in line with project requirements.
- Ensuring financial reporting such as forecasting is updated regularly including cost budget control of project task and keeping of records / project log.
- Assisting during personnel pre-mobilisation brief to ensure personnel fully understand the scope of work.
- Remaining involved in the progress and execution of the job, and help resolve any technical and planning issues that may arise.
- Ability to show commercial awareness and costs control on projects
- Higher education in an appropriate STEM subject and have completed an appropriate level of technical competence.
- Qualified or working towards an HND/degree in mechanical, electrical or building services engineering.
- Experience in a similar role within the energy sector, nuclear, marine, buildings or construction services.
- Relevant HVAC and refrigeration experience.
- Able to complete HVAC and refrigeration system and component selection including design calculations.
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC and Refrigeration controls and power systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of national and international regulations relating to HVAC and refrigeration.
- Working knowledge of AutoDesk (or equivalent) computer aided design suite.
- Working knowledge of Hazardous area categorisation in line with ATEX regulations.
- Membership of a relevant professional body i.e. CIBSE, IMECHE, IET.
TMM Recruitment INDQENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team