Project Engineer - VR/26271
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Engineer on a contract basis for an oil and gas service company based in Portlethen, Aberdeenshire. It is an initial ongoing contract position that will be offered on a PAYE basis, but there is a good chance that this role could go permanent at the end of Q1 2023.
The Project Engineer will support the Operations Coordinator in organising and executing onshore and offshore projects from initial sales enquiry to completion. The post holder will be expected to develop and maintain existing client relationships.
This role would suit a Project Engineer who has previous experience in a similar role within a service company / workshop type environment within the oil and gas industry.
The Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Operations Coordinator in:
- Maximising sales revenue.
- Managing customer relations.
- Complying with offshore QEHS procedures.
- Delivering quotes, proposals, procedures, diagrams and reports to strict deadlines.
- Coordinating, establishing and maintaining contacts with customers.
- Discussing job process and parameters with customers.
- Defining technical solutions.
- Issuing budgetary proposals to strict deadlines and following company guidelines on pricing.
- Creating work document packs to standard specifications and to strict deadlines.
- Liaising with base operations personnel to ensure correct equipment is available and correctly allocated to project.
- Preparing process flow diagrams using AutoCAD or Microsoft Visio software.
- Amending piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) on request.
- Managing project cycle until completion.
- Issuing post-job report to clients, and discussing outcomes, lessons learned and future modifications to improve service.
- Liaising with colleagues regarding job outcomes, lessons learned and future modifications to improve service.
- Producing ad-hoc reports, spreadsheets and other documents as required.
- Assisting with base workshop operations as and when required.
- Proactive future planning for Operations Team.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar Project Engineer type role, within an oil and gas service company type environment, is essential.
- Knowledge of offshore practices is essential.
- Filtration experience would be preferred.
- Experience with produced water and treatment solutions would be preferred.
- Experience of working with fluids (e.g. pumping) would be preferred.
- AutoCAD experience would be advantageous.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team