Project Manager - Modifications - VR/23684
Currently recruiting for an experienced Project Manager - Modifications on a contract basis for an Oil & Gas Operator based in Aberdeen. It is an initial 12-month contract and the company is ideally looking to take on a candidate who is available at short notice. The company is only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
This role would suit a candidate who has specific Operator experience, and who is capable of pulling together investment papers, economic reviews, awarding EPC contracts, calling off on contracts and delivering the scope of work. Project management experience directly with an Operator, as well as experience of managing a Contractor, is essential.
Reporting to the Head of Modifications & PMO, the Project Manager – Modifications will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Accountable for health, safety, environmental and quality performance on projects.
- Frame projects at the initiation stage and determine the best means of satisfying requirements within the context of project objectives and constraints. Assist the Project Sponsor in establishing the business case, coordinating economic inputs, etc.
- Manage multi-disciplinary project teams of company and contractor personnel, ensuring outputs and outcomes are delivered to meet the agreed business case.
- In collaboration with the Procurement team, agree contracts for the provision of goods and/or services - monitoring compliance and managing variances.
- Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues and quality requirements) as part of project planning.
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests.
- Identify and manage project risks (threats and opportunities) - planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects.
- Responsible for ensuring highly effective communication and reporting processes are in place, and that all key contributors / parties are involved in the project.
- Prepare, gain approvals for, refine and update business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects - in terms of benefits, costs and risks.
- Prepare and maintain schedules for project activities and events, taking account of dependencies and resource requirements.
- Develop and agree budgets, controlling forecast and actual costs against them.
- Implement Management of Change to change the scope of projects, updating configuration documents as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline is essential.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Project Manager – Modifications type role, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, is essential.
- Previous experience in managing complex modification projects, directly with an Oil & Gas Operator, is essential.
- Experience of manging both internal project teams and the main contractor is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team