Purchaser (Buyer) - VR/22734
An opportunity for an experienced Purchaser / Buyer to join a leading FPSO owner and operator, based in the Portlethen area. This a permanent position offering a competitive salary and package.
In your role as Purchaser, you’ll be responsible for procuring materials and services for an assigned offshore asset; ensuring activities are carried out in an economically advantageous, efficient and ethical manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Purchasing all operation and project-related requirements.
- Assisting internal customers with purchase requisition preparation.
- Verifying that purchase requisitions are complete.
- Preparing and issuing enquiries to suppliers, using industry experience to give details and specifications.
- Reviewing and analysing supplier quotations.
- Chairing pre-award / clarification meetings with suppliers.
- Preparing bid evaluations, negotiating prices, lead times and terms and conditions; recommending best commercial options.
- Organising tender boards.
- Performing desk expediting activities as required.
- Issuing a weekly report showing the status of all purchase transactions.
- Liaising with suppliers and internal colleagues regarding third party inspections and transportation of procured items.
- Coordinating supplier visits to site locations for installation, commissioning, repair, support and warranty activities.
- Preparing supplier performance documentation.
- Reviewing and verifying invoices in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensuring final close-out of orders, including the evaluation of suppliers.
Applicants to this position should have previous experience in a similar role, with the ability to negotiate commercial terms and develop collaborative relationships with suppliers. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to prioritise and manage a busy workload. A CIPS membership / qualification and experience of the Maximo system are preferred, but not essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team