QHSE Advisor - VR/28203
Join a growing freight company in Dyce who are looking for a passionate QHSE Advisor on a permanent staff basis. Applicants will require a valid drivers licence for this role as you would be looking after both company sites within Dyce.
Previous experience in a freight company would be preferred, however, if you have relevant and transferable experience and the required qualifications, please get in touch!
Reporting to the Base Manager, as QHSE Advisor, you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring compliance with company health, safety and environmental working practices, policies and procedures and statutory regulations.
- Monitoring and supporting the agreed QHSE objectives for the company ensuring that all updates are evaluated and communicated effectively.
- Responsible for the coordination of all QHSE audits (e.g. certification, internal and sub- contractor) and supporting the subsequent close out of any non-conformances arising from these audits.
- Assisting in the evaluation of external service providers.
- Coordinating and supporting HSE Inspection and safety visits.
- Maintaining company inhouse databases and systems and assisting where necessary in the development of new systems.
- Liaising with relevant bodies such as local authorities, public bodies and competent bodies as requested by management.
- Managing, collating and reporting all information on accidents, incidents and near misses and leading these through to closure.
- Maintaining business critical QHSE activities e.g. safe working practices, risk assessments, site standards identifying and mitigating any risks.
- Perform routine fire drill checks.
- Deliver the new starts QHSE Induction and carry out DSE, COSHH and manual handling training where necessary.
- Responsible for identifying and managing First Aiders and Fire Wardens and ensuring equipment such as First Aid kits and Defibrillators are complete and functional, and any first aid areas are stocked at all times.
- Responsible for the issue of PPE including safety glasses.
- Be proactive in supporting a positive QHSE culture.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable high-level organisational and interpersonal skills appropriate to the position.
- Qualified in NEBOSH.
- COSHH Assessor.
- Internal/ External Auditor Trained.
- Environmental management qualification or demonstrable relevant industry experience.
- Working knowledge of ISO 45001 Occupational health management system and ISO 4001 Environmental Management system.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills appropriate to the position.
- Strong understanding of UK regulations and legislation.
- Degree or Diploma qualification in occupational health and safety or similar field.
- NEBOSH, COSHH Assessor.
- Relevant auditor qualifications and certification.
- Formal qualifications in Training, Assessment & Education or equivalent.
- Current unrestricted drivers licence.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team