Quality Engineer - VR/25931
If you are a Quality Engineer and want to work for an oil and gas manufacturing company that has people at the core of its values, this may be the role for you. This is a permanent staff position based in Bridge of Don for an experienced Quality Engineer.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, as the Quality Engineer you will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing, reporting on and driving projects aimed at the reduction of cost of poor quality and the impact of defect rates on business performance.
- Applying quality tools and techniques to help drive improvement in quality performance, leading and engaging teams in continuous improvement projects.
- Assisting Production Teams with root cause analysis of problems and identification of appropriate corrective measures.
- Developing and implementing quality programs, including tracking, analysing, reporting and problem solving.
- Examining quality system for areas of improvements and supports delivery of HSEQ 18 month rolling plan.
- Writing procedures, processes, and work instructions for the quality function’s various activities.
- Conducting audits and supporting execution of annual audit plan.
- Conducting investigation analysis for NCRs received from customers, applying root cause analysis tools to identify true root causes, and deriving appropriate containment, corrective, and preventive action.
- Supporting production of required monthly reports to management and participates in annual management review activities.
- Providing support, where required, to QC Team Leader for providing training programmes for QC Inspectors.
- Acting as technical expert and mentor to others within the department, providing guidance and knowledge to those that require it.
- Some limited travels, where required, to client sites to assist in incident investigations or suppliers to participate in improvement programmes.
- Assisting in managing concession requests, ensuring that sufficient grounds exist for concessions to be raised and that appropriate close out to concessions is carried through.
- Maintaining adherence to and improvement of the company’s quality systems and procedures, including but not restricted to continual ISO 9001 compliance.
- Developing, supporting, and actively encouraging a culture of continual improvement by suggesting improvement programmes that involve team members and other employees.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Will have a fundamental understanding of a quality system and its development, documentation and implementation to domestic and international standards or requirements.
- Will have a basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Will be able to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analysing, reporting and problem solving.
- Will be able to plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with quality principles, which include planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Will have basic knowledge of reliability, maintainability, and risk management, including key terms and definitions, modelling, systems design, assessment tools and reporting.
- Will have a thorough understanding of problem-solving and quality improvement tools and techniques. This includes knowledge of management and planning tools, quality tools, preventive and corrective actions, and how to overcome barriers to quality improvements.
- Will be able to acquire and analyse data using appropriate standard quantitative methods across a spectrum of business environments to facilitate process analysis and improvements.
- Expected to maintain membership to professional societies such as the American Society for Quality (ASQ) or the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI).
- Certified Quality Engineer (ASQ CQE) or Chartered Quality Professional (MCQI CQP) highly desirable.
- Experience of, and certification in, Continuous Improvement techniques highly desirable. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Experience in Moulding (Plastics or Rubber) highly desirable.
- ISO9001:2015 Internal Auditor required, Lead Auditor desirable.
- Technical awareness and ability to read and understand job specifications.
TMM Recruitment INDQHS
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team