Senior Commercial Advisor - VR/26040
Vacancy for a Senior Commercial Advisor to join an independent oil & gas company based in Aberdeen. This organisation puts its core values at the heart of the business; integrity, innovation, responsibility and collaboration.
As Senior Commercial Advisor, you’ll primarily be responsible for driving forward the commercial aspects of the business, and deliver optimal commercial solutions, both to maximise value in its various forms, to appropriately manage risk, negotiate new high quality commercial arrangements, or amend existing agreements, in accordance with legislative and government guidance, and identification, management and resolution of conflict.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing day-to-day management of operational commercial agreements for NOV-assets and operated-assets for which there is no Hub JV Advisor.
- Proactively identifying where value can be optimised and risks managed, and ensuring that such incremental value and risk mitigation is secured.
- Ensuring relevant stakeholders have a timely awareness of the actions required to be in full compliance with obligations, making clear which individuals or teams are responsible for enforcing or performing such rights and obligations.
- Ensuring any risk to, or erosion of contractual rights is robustly resisted through stakeholder management and appropriate escalation so that existing rights are preserved and enhanced.
- Enforcing or performing contractual rights and obligations that are allocated to the Senior Commercial Advisor and supporting the performance of such rights that are allocated to others.
- Proposing amendments to the commercial agreements in the first instance with the VP Commercial and then with relevant stakeholders as necessary and then negotiating such amendments as appropriate with relevant functional support.
- Ensuring the legal team and hub JV Advisor are consulted in respect of the commercial agreements, particularly regarding any communication with counterparties, disputes, amendments, or regarding any interpretation questions.
- Ensuring the implementation of all agreements is supported by timely and thorough handovers to all the relevant areas of the business.
- Ensuring obligations, actions and responsibilities are uploaded to the agreement obligation tracker system and that all actions are carried out.
- Ensuring the protection of business-critical information and documentation, including application of the Group Records Management standard.
- Responsibility for maintaining the Commercial Operations Framework document related to each asset for which the incumbent holds responsibility.
- Ensuring that colleagues in relevant assets and supporting functions are provided with the relevant information to understand the commercial intent behind the agreements, the opportunities for further value enhancement and a summary of the key risks in the agreements.
- Supporting Business Development activities as required.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Performance focussed with commercial mindset, agility and a focus on delivery and performance as well as problem solving.
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills and ability to positively influence and support the development of less experienced members of the team.
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to recognise links between wide ranging issues with the skill to develop overviews and propose solutions under changing circumstances.
- Sound communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to form strong and trusting working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, and to influence and motivate individuals to work together in pursuit of team goals.
- Demonstrable ability to be results oriented with a commercial focus and has the enthusiasm to seek improvements in business performance.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team