Senior Contracts Engineer - VR/22688
A 12-month contract opportunity for an experienced Senior Contracts Engineer to join our client, an international oil and gas operator, based in Aberdeen.
In your role as Senior Contracts Engineer, you will primarily be tasked with providing proactive and comprehensive support to all areas of activity undertaken by the Contracts and Procurement Team in relation to the company’s North Sea and African assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing of contract strategies and development plans.
- Coordinating tender strategies and enquiries, including prequalification requirements.
- Evaluating of tender submissions. To include the development of commercial and contractual evaluation models, conducting clarification and negotiation meetings, as well as presenting recommendations to award to Management.
- Preparing contractual documentation.
- Post-award contract administration, rate negotiations, claim / variation agreements, contract amendments, performance assessments and the maintenance of comprehensive files.
- Providing day-to-day advice on commercial and contractual matters to colleagues within relevant business lines.
- Resolving commercial and contractual issues; liaising with the company’s Legal, Finance, Tax and Insurance Advisers as appropriate.
- Maintaining awareness of market intelligence relevant to current or potential vendors.
- Developing and implementing Key Performance Indicators and continuous improvement of contractor’s performance.
- Generating significant savings through use of your commercial expertise in relation to mitigation of claims from contractors or in the preparation of claims against contractors / other parties.
It’s important that applicants to this role have substantial experience in a similar position involving the establishment of major contracts from conception to close-out within an oil and gas operator environment. This position is well-suited to a Senior Contracts Engineer with significant all-round / generalist experience, with exposure to specialist areas such as Subsea / Marine Operations, Logistics, Drilling and Completions / Well Services.
Excellent negotiation and influencing skills are essential, as is the ability to balance and prioritise a demanding workload. A degree qualification is preferred and familiarity with Maximo (or similar) would be beneficial.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team