Senior Data Processor - VR/26449
TMM Recruitment is supporting a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services to the energy industry to find a Senior Data Processor on a permanent basis. This role is part of the Corporate IT Team and has a global remit. The position is based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire, but as an organisation a hybrid working pattern of 3 days in the office and 2 working from home is offered.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Data Processor to join the team on a permanent basis. The successful applicant will assist with all data processing activities to support the company’s survey and inspection activities. The role will support Remote Operations for global projects to control associated data quality, processing and charting of data, production of final reports and deliverables.
- Career Development – As well as being able to offer a wide variety of projects to work on they have a dedicated personal development scheme and are committed to developing staff to allow them to progress their career through the organisation.
- A Sustainable Future – the company has been committed to the evolving energy sector for over 10 years. As the energy sector continues to evolve, they are playing a proactive role in developing emerging energy markets. These markets include decarbonising offshore oil and gas, floating wind, carbon capture and storage, hydrogen and decarbonising their own operations.
- Flexible working –a flexible working environment with hybrid working options is available to any successful candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processing hydrographic survey and inspection data including digital terrain data and pipeline inspection data.
- Video review and eventing.
- Processing INS derived data.
- Processing Dimensioning Control data.
- Creating charts and drawings, data visualisation and interpretation.
- Implementing GIS Technology associated with map production.
- Reviewing, quantifying and reporting on standards of survey data processed offshore.
- Assisting with Data Governance processes related to Survey data.
- Preparing, reviewing, quality control and final preparation of survey and inspection reports.
- Overseeing and executing Managed File Transfer systems to maintain delivery of raw data.
- Preparing documentation such as procedures, guidelines, and manuals.
- Providing support to field-staff through addressing of technical queries and analysis of acquired datasets.
- Interfacing and liaising with projects and managing work against scheduled deadlines.
- Supporting transfer to and use in operational projects of new data solutions.
- Maintaining comprehensive handover notes.
- Maintaining a detailed and accurate processing log.
- Maintaining and developing experience in survey software and survey techniques.
- Supervising and providing training to staff where required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in a surveying or geoscience subject is preferred.
- Masters in GIS (desirable).
- Qualifications in earth science, geography, mathematics (desirable).
- Excellent computing skills in standard office applications and software packages.
- Relevant experience in a related environment.
- Proficient CAD and GIS skills.
- Knowledge of survey sensor calibrations.
- Proven offshore experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of specialised survey software products.
- Good knowledge of survey data processing philosophies and methodologies.
- Knowledge of automated processing techniques, Machine Vision and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and hosting services.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team