Senior Drilling Engineer - VR/26676
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Drilling Engineer on a contract basis for an E&P company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. It is a new project support position and the contract is expected to run for 24 months. The company are only considering PAYE contractors for this particular role.
Reporting to the Lead Drilling Engineer, the Senior Drilling Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Designing and preparing wells.
- Coordinating the well delivery process. Creating supporting documentation in conjunction with the Drilling Engineer.
- Leading the Well Scope of Requirement (WSOR) process from within the Drilling and Wells Team. Providing input to the WSOR to ensure the well delivery process is managed correctly.
- Providing live drilling engineering support to operations (casing design, directional, hydraulics, swab and surge, torque and drag, well control calculations etc.).
- Preparing / reviewing budget and duration estimates – raising related Contract Release Orders and Service Orders.
- Following rig cost control, advising of any budget over-spend and following-up on well cost reporting.
- Updating and following-up on the rig cost control for service contracts involved in drilling and completion operations.
- Well design and delivery optimisation through applications of safe working practices, application of new technology and implementation of a drilling improvement plan (well performance improvement). Understanding of greenhouse gas emissions and reduction plans. Ensuring lessons learnt are captured and actions closed.
- Supporting the offshore workforce through communication, interaction and problem solving.
- Equipment: Recommend equipment type and quantity including long lead items in conjunction with the QA/QC and Procurement Team.
- Mentoring / coaching Rig Site Engineer and onshore Drilling Engineer.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant Engineering Degree qualification would be preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar Senior Drilling Engineer type role, within the North Sea Oil & Gas industry, is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role, directly with an E&P Company / Operator, would be preferred.
- Previous experience in offshore supervision would be preferred.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team