Senior Internal Audit & Risk Lead, Operations - VR/28679
Permanent opportunity to join largest London listed E&P organisation as Senior Internal Audit & Risk Lead. In this role you would be responsible for delivery of targeted internal audit activities for non-finance audits.
The Senior Internal Audit & Risk Lead will play a key role in establishing and embedding effective internal audit practices as part of in-housing audit delivery capability. Reporting to the group Internal Audit Manager, duties will include:
- Supporting the embedding of the company risk management framework across the company, under guidance from Group Risk Manager.
- Contributing to the development of the risk-based Internal Audit (IA) 6 monthly plan.
- Driving internal audit quality through demonstration of IA expertise.
- Owning and developing relationships with key stakeholders as part of an integrated IA and Risk stakeholder management plan.
- Working effectively with other team members, including co-sourcing teams and internal technical resources, to manage and deliver specific internal audit or risk activities under guidance of the relevant Group Manager, including: audit scoping, process documentation, identifying relevant risks, assessing control design effectiveness and testing control operating effectiveness.
- Where issues are identified, working with management, and influencing as required, to agree appropriate mitigating activities with reference to agreed risk appetites.
- Preparing clear, timely, accurate and comprehensive working papers to record all work undertaken, and peer reviewing other team members work to ensure quality.
- Pro-actively informing leadership of risks or exposures related to internal controls requiring prompt action.
- Contributing to risk and internal control assessments of acquired companies.
- Managing internal audit action management process including: recording, tracking, validating closure, and reporting to senior management of the status of internal audit actions.
- Contributing to IA and Risk’s participation in critical business and technology initiatives and projects as directed.
- Supporting the development and implementation of IA and Risk Team Vision and actioning the plan to continue to mature inhouse risk and controls capability.
- Experience of working in an operations or technical role within an oil and gas or similar business environment.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, to deliver efficient and effective risk and assurance activity.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships whilst also providing robust challenge.
- Strong organisational skills with a focus on detail, process and investigative instinct.
- Adaptability, and ability to operate and prioritise effectively through business change.
- Good team player with the ability to work collaboratively with both Harbour Energy staff and third-party resources.
- Working knowledge of process documentation.
This can be a development role so the skills listed below will be developed in a successful applicant to enhance existing technical skills.
- Internal audit / assurance, or equivalent, professional qualification (e.g. IIA).
- Oil and gas or extractive industries experience.
- Knowledge of the design and implementation of risk management frameworks and experience in helping businesses manage risk.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team