Senior Laboratory Technician (Drilling Fluids) - VR/23305
TMM Recruitment is looking to recruit a Senior Laboratory Technician for our client on a permanent basis.
- Performing laboratory testing and reporting following approved standards, procedures and protocols, as well as specialised analytical techniques and applicable SH&E standards.
- Planning, conducting and reporting on complex formulation / research projects with minimal supervision.
- Providing training to less-experienced lab staff.
- Deputising for Laboratory Manager in their absence and assisting with team workload distribution.
- Conducting testing on brines and muds according to approved standards and other methodology specific to formate fluids.
- Reporting laboratory testing using standard SSF laboratory reporting tools, procedures and methods.
- Responsible for laboratory maintenance, preparing solutions and media and ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date and timely delivery of samples.
- Assisting in matters pertaining to the standardisation of laboratory procedures, audits, QA, calibrations, etc.
- Operating requisite laboratory equipment and instruments; recording data; maintaining and making minor adjustments to equipment as required.
- Identifying equipment performance issues and make recommendations for improvements, where appropriate.
- Preparing, cleaning and maintaining laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments used in experiments.
- Exchange routine information in an appropriate manner with other staff members onshore and offshore.
- Co-operating with activities / workload requested by Operations Team.
- Providing training to less-experienced lab staff as needed. Acting as a resource to others.
- Planning and conducting non-routine and more complex testing.
- Degree educated in chemistry or energy related discipline, or qualified by experience, preferably with understanding of the application of drilling and completion fluids in the energy sector.
- Familiar with all SSF lab testing procedures / work instructions.
- Able to maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Chemical safety requirements for laboratories, including proper disposal of special waste materials.
- Understanding and application API standards and GLP.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Numerate and highly literate with ability to prepare written reports, interpretations and analyses.
- Ability to organise / prioritise workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Adherence to company Vision and Values
Strong proven competence of working with Drilling Fluids in commercial or research laboratory environment.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team