Senior Software Engineer / Application Developer - VR/22506
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Software Engineer / Application Developer on a permanent staff basis for a Subsea company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will initially work from home, in line with current government restrictions, and the post holder will also work to a 9-day fortnight arrangement.
The Senior Software Engineer / Application Developer will be responsible for the design, development and support of a range of desktop applications. The company’s software is used through the full sequence of recording and logging, storage, display, editing and visualisation for the management of subsea survey and inspection information. This role would suit an experienced Software Engineer who possesses strong C# experience.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the Senior Software Engineer / Application Developer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Software design and development of desktop applications.
- Monitoring and recommending technological developments.
- Bug fixing and feature enhancement.
- Software support.
- Maintaining Bug and Feature tracking database.
- Maintaining change log records.
- Maintaining records of all testing.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A degree qualification in Computing Science, or a similar / relevant discipline.
- Previous experience in a similar Software Engineer / Application Developer type role.
- Relevant experience of software application development.
- C# experience.
- Relational databases experience.
- Graphics for 3D visualisation experience.
- Digital video recording and playback experience.
- Survey / GIS / spatial data-handling and / or data logging / processing experience.
- Experience with AI for image or data handling.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team