Senior Tax Accountant - VR/25699
TMM is supporting our client, a leading international energy services company with the appointment of a Senior Tax Accountant. Covering Maternity leave, you will be responsible for managing direct and indirect Tax requirements. Candidates should hold a professional qualification in Tax / Accounting.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Managing all direct and indirect tax reporting/filings for the business unit.
- Reviewing UK corporation tax returns to ensure consistent high quality and timely delivery.
- Preparing the UK Corporate Interest Restriction return.
- Overview of divisional tax reporting and accounting (actuals and forecasts tax packs).
- Preparing tax disclosures and schedules for legal entity financial statements, supporting the Finance Team reporting requirements.
- Responsibility for timely review and submission of UK VAT return.
- Overview of compliance in non UK jurisdictions (assurance).
- Providing forecasts for cash tax payable.
- Reviewing the monthly tax balance sheet reconciliations.
- Complying with the Group Tax strategy and policy and ensure business unit adherence.
- Assisting with audit and ensure compliance for each legal entity across the business unit.
- Assisting with the preparation / review of the PAYE Settlement Agreement (PSA) for the UK legal entities on a timely basis.
- Assisting the HR / Recruitment and Commercial Teams with IR35 compliance, review SDAs and assist with contractual requirements.
Compliance & Advisory
- Assisting the business to ensure correct application of output tax and complaint reclaiming of input tax.
- Supporting indirect and employment tax queries from the business, liaising with Group Tax to ensure benefits are appropriately taxed and the costs the business is compliant in dealing with PSA, relocations, P11Ds etc.
- Providing tax advice for tenders.
- Transfer Pricing – working with the Group Tax to ensure AS comply with global transfer pricing policies and supply requested information.
- Researching new country entry requirements to ensure the business is fully tax compliant when undertaking work in new countries. Feeding into the commercial viability of these projects, making clear any additional tax costs/savings which may arise.
- Monitoring legislative changes, assess the impact on the Business, and proposing and implementing responses as appropriate.
- Building relationships with operations, Commercial and HR to ensure they seek tax advice where required.
- Providing training on tax matters to teams within and out with Finance.
- Assuring compliance with Facilitation of Tax Evasion legislation, working with the business to come up with practical working solutions.
Applicants to this role require
- Professional qualification in accounting or tax, ICAS / ACCA / CTA / ATT.
- Good general UK tax knowledge.
- At least 3 years’ tax experience within the profession or industry, relevant work experience in oil and gas services preferred.
- Good working knowledge and experience of application of IFRS.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team