Senior Tax Advisor - VR/28305
Staff or contract E&P opportunity for a Senior Tax Advisor to join the team. This is a critical role sitting with in the JV Tax Team where strong technical expertise are required specifically in corporation tax and PRT. You will have a strong focus on tax advisory and project work.
Overview job description
Senior position within the JV Tax Team; high tax technical expertise required, predominantly across (i) corporation tax (including supplementary charge and EPL) and (ii) petroleum revenue tax.
This role will have a strong focus on tax advisory and project work, providing robust, reliable and timely tax advice to the business to support operations and on matters such as A&D activity.
Strong tax accounting awareness is also desirable in respect of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for e.g. statutory accounts, monthly and quarterly provisioning and financial planning cycles.
Confident, robust and reliable communication is a necessity for this role as it will have direct exposure to shareholders, business partners, external co-venturers, external auditors, HMRC (compliance), HMRC (Policy), JV leadership team and management, external tax forums (including OEUK and UKOITC).
The Senior Tax Advisor will report directly to the Head of Tax.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring timely and accurate CT/SC tax filings with HMRC; coordinating compliance process including management of external advisor.
- Ensuring HMRC enquiry matters are progressed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for transfer pricing reviews and documentation.
- Ensuring Senior Accounting Officer, EITI and other tax transparency and governance obligations are met and appropriately disclosed.
- Researching tax technical matters and awareness of tax legislative changes that may impact the company and provide appropriate advice and updates to management.
- Identifying and evaluating tax planning opportunities that have technical and practical application in generating added value for the JV.
- Undertaking tax advisory and project work including engagement with external advisors and internal stakeholders as required.
- Providing tax support to operational and functional teams within the business, including Commercial and BD, Decommissioning and Marketing Teams.
- Providing guidance and support to Tax Accountants with respect of monthly tax accounting and annual statutory accounting processes, including review as required.
- Representing the JV on tax matters when required – primarily at OEUK and UKOITC.
Applicants to this role require
- Significant oil and gas tax technical experience with high tax technical proficiency – CT/SC/EPL.
- PRT experience is preferred but not essential.
- Experience gained with (preferably) one of the top tier law or accounting firms.
- Strong tax technical proficiency.
- Highly numerate with very strong attention to detail.
- Possess a relevant professional qualification(s).
- Experience of advocating JV positions, influencing outcomes and working constructively with senior industry tax practitioners.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness.
- Sufficient professional gravitas to successfully manage HMRC interactions, enquires and disputes.
- Experienced in tax planning – identifying potential while understanding what is achievable in practice with strong awareness of anti-avoidance legislation.
- Appetite for continuous tax technical learning – a pre-requisite for those looking to be involved in the ever evolving tax landscape.
- A structured and clear approach to working, enabling issues and risks to be properly identified and managed
What’s in it for me? (the applicant)
- Career opportunity.
- Hybrid working.
- Excellent benefits package.
TMM Recruitment INDFIN
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team