Senior Telecommunications Project Engineer – VR/25154
Currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Telecommunications Project Engineer on a permanent staff basis for a company based in Westhill, Aberdeenshire.
Working with the Systems Integration department, the Senior Telecommunications Project Engineer will provide engineering support on a wide range of turnkey telecoms projects. The post holder will have involved in project management, systems design, the preparation of engineering documents, and the testing & commissioning of telecoms systems. The successful candidate will be the lead engineer for major SI projects and will deputise for the Senior Engineering Manager in their absence.
Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, the Senior Project Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Managing a Virtual Project Team, acting as the Lead Engineer for the project and supervise other engineers and technicians on the lifecycle of the project – maximising utilisation of the available resources.
- Carry out: detailed design, production of project documents and drawings, configuration, pre-FAT testing, and conduction of client witnessed FATs as required (PAGA, CCTV, ACS, radio, LAN, WAN, SCS, IDS etc.).
- Providing effective management of all the project stakeholders during the project lifecycle.
- Liaising with suppliers and third parties and assisting the Project Management Group to ensure the smooth and successful delivery of each project on time and within budget – ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Assisting the Project Management Group with the successful delivery of each project within timescale and budget, ensuring that all agreed customer requirements are met.
- Mentoring graduate Engineers and Engineers.
- Supporting the company quality program within SI operations to uphold the highest quality standards. Ensuring compliance and maintainability of the ISO certifications across the SI operations, performing appropriate checks to audit / monitor adherence.
- Travelling and attending customer meetings, project review meetings, FATs and vendor system testing. Performing site installation supervision, site commissioning and witness SATs both onshore and offshore, as required.
- Travel may be required locally and internationally.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A relevant degree qualification in a technical subject (preferably in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, or Telecommunications) is expected, but extensive relevant experience can compensate for no degree.
- Chartered Engineer status, or working towards, would be preferred.
- Experience in projects and proven work experience within the oil and gas industry is essential.
- Previous experience in a similar Telecommunications Project Engineer, within the oil and gas industry, is essential.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team