SharePoint and Power Platform Engineer - VR/26371
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North-East to source an Information Analyst on a permanent basis. With responsibility for the provision and support of SharePoint and Power Platform services, the right candidate for this role will have the ability to deliver to governance practices to track and measure the quality of services and maintain service improvement plans.
Purpose of Role
- The SharePoint & Power Platform Engineer is responsible for the provision and support of SharePoint and Power Platform services.
- The role works with the business and IS business analysts to identify requirements, determine solutions, and ensure said solutions are fit for purpose, supportable and satisfy desired business outcomes within a Centre of Excellence ensuring re-use, best practice, and optimisation through the COE ways of working.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Designing, developing, and supporting SharePoint and Power Platform business solutions.
- Working directly with the business and IS Business Analysts to understand business requirements to provide time assessments and create technical designs.
- Writing and developing code to extend basic functionality as required.
- Creating and updating documentation for ongoing support of the SharePoint and Power Platform.
- Researching and recommending solutions that best meet the business needs and operational requirements.
- Unit tests solutions in preparation for user acceptance testing.
- Working with third party vendors to ensure services are developed, enhanced, and supported.
- Working effectively with the product function supporting the SharePoint & Power Platform Supervisor, and working closely with application support, projects, and third parties.
- Ensuring that all processes, procedure, and work instructions are clearly followed to help improve reliability, efficiency, quality, and cost effectiveness of service components under supervision, for example ITIL problem and change processes.
- Ensuring re-usable, repeatable, standardised, and measurable processes are developed and enhanced.
- Accountable for compliance with all company IS related processes, policies, and work practices.
- Supporting the development of future planning and COE roadmap activity.
- Providing technical support for changes, upgrades, and enhancement.
- Working with minimal supervision, using clearly defined processes and procedures.
- Facilitating the use of the performance metrics to improve output.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc
- Excellent analytical, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Strong Industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Experience of developing and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Ability to deliver to governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party relationship skills, able to work closely with multi sourcing and vendor managers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical audiences.
- Strong experience of COE / SharePoint and Power Platform business development environment including support / maintenance in the oil and gas sector or equivalent.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- ITIL knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team