SharePoint and Power Platform Supervisor - VR/24285
TMM Recruitment is working with one of the most prestigious oil and gas operators in the North East to source a SharePoint & Power Platform Supervisor on a permanent basis. With proven experience providing SharePoint and Power platforms or equivalent services, the ideal candidate for this role will have a full understanding of a range of SharePoint and Power platforms environments used within E&P companies, including technologies such as Power BI and PowerApps.
Purpose of Role
The SharePoint & Power Platform Supervisor supports the Centre of Excellence (COE) Manager in forming a centre of excellence capability for the required discipline to support business goals. The role develops, enhances, and provides a range of services for the organisation, covering the technology required to deliver integrated productivity tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The SharePoint & Power Platform Supervisor will support the Centre of Excellence (COE) Manager in forming a centre of excellence capability for the required discipline to support the business goals. This is achieved by using best practices in a standard, consistent, re-usable, and measurable approach, proven by KPIs.
- The role develops, enhances, and provides a range of services for the organisation, covering the technology required to deliver integrated productivity tools.
- The role is responsible for the delivery of the team and services to consistently meet current and future requirements of the business, and works with both product and IT project delivery methodologies to enhance or develop new services.
- This role is responsible for setting the individual COE’s operation and lifecycle, working with the COE Manager to ensure business goals and priorities are met while minimising total cost of ownership and operation.
- Together with the COE Manager, the role will develop the discipline to improve ways of working demonstrated by results such as the number of requests where COEs’ support was successfully deployed (e.g., measured by user satisfaction).
- The role will draw upon appropriate managed service providers as required.
Areas of Accountability, Responsibility and Competence Level
- Defining tooling plans and growth requirements.
- Facilitating the design, development, and support of the appropriate technologies to meet business needs.
- Defining service continuity such as disaster recovery requirements and back-up and recovery plans for the services.
- Researching and recommending solutions that best meet business needs and enterprise operational requirements by establishing the needs of users and by industry insight.
- Maintaining standards, documentation, and definitions.
- Developing the strategic direction for the function, ensuring that there are initiatives to support competitive objectives for the department.
- Supporting the COE Manager with developing the annual IS Operations budget.
- Working with the COE Manager to develop workforce plans that ensure IS operations can supply skilled resources to meet current and future demand across the enterprise.
- Bringing knowledge and experience to set functional goals aligned with the overall IS and business strategy.
- Developing and managing internal teams and holding people management responsibilities.
- Adhering to enterprise technology standards, governance processes and performance metrics.
- Ensuring the adoption of (and commitment towards) service improvements.
- Owning the development of asset inventories within the organisation's ecosystem.
- Building successful peer relationships with other IS and business functions through a clear understanding of business needs, and ensures delivery of IT services to meet those needs.
- Working with the COE Manager and supply chain to support IS operations sourcing strategy and partner relationship management.
- Following the formal governance mechanisms to establish and monitor effective controls for the processes and functions performed by IS Operations Teams.
- Ensuring provision of COEs is consistent with IS security requirements.
- Working with the COE Manager to migrate Support Teams to COEs and establish fit for purpose COE Teams.
- Coordinating roadmap development, facilitating planning, and driving quality against defined standards.
- Ensuring performance assessment is focused on standard products and services through outcomes and team collaboration.
- Driving the adoption, development, and enhancement of re-usable, repeatable, standardised, and measurable processes.
- Developing staff through coaching, mentoring, training, and performance management.
- Responsible for ensuring IS operational capabilities achieve regulatory and statutory compliance requirements.
- Developing and maintaining the relationship with the product areas including demand and resource planning.
- May be required to provide out of hours support via an on-call rota.
Critical Skills, Qualifications Experience, etc
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, collaborative (team working) with planning and execution skills.
- Proven experience providing SharePoint and Power platforms or equivalent services.
- Full understanding of a range of SharePoint and Power platforms environments used within E&P companies, including technologies such as Power BI and PowerApps.
- Practical knowledge of SharePoint and Power platforms and experience of their practical application.
- Stay current with new and emerging technology.
- Ability to establish COE roles and responsibilities to deliver services and capabilities for the teams to support a product-based organization.
- Ability to define the standards, tools, capabilities and performance measures to operate successfully.
- Prioritisation and road map planning skills.
- Can translate business demand to technical requirements that can be delivered via COE(s).
- Proven experience of matrix management.
- Experience of managing multiple teams distributed across geographies and time zones, with the ability to communicate the IS operations objectives and motivate staff.
- Strong industry and domain specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units.
- Experience of developing and implementing process improvements.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to go the extra mile to achieve important goals.
- Competent in budget planning and financial management.
- Experience of delivering governance practices to track and measure the quality of services, and maintain service improvement plans.
- Strong third-party management skills, working closely with multi sourcing and vendor managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to non-technical audiences at various hierarchical levels.
- Proven experience in building and running multi discipline support teams as well as working with business users and third?party vendors.
- Strong experience of application support and maintenance in the oil and gas sector or equivalent, covering systems such as control of work, exploration, maintenance, production operations and other upstream application disciplines.
- Demonstrable experience of working with a diverse and multi-national application vendor support model.
- Experience and knowledge of cloud application services.
- ITIL qualification (foundation at a minimum or similar demonstrated experience).
- Previous experience of developing people, process and structures for a COE or similar models.
TMM Recruitment INDIT
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team