Structural Engineer - VR/26968
Currently recruiting for an experienced Structural Engineer on a permanent staff basis for an oil and gas service company based near Turriff in Aberdeenshire. The successful candidate will be working a 37.5-hour week and hybrid working opportunities may be available. Based on the location, access to a car and a full driving licence is essential.
The Structural Engineer will generate detailed structural designs to support the company’s product portfolio and operational / business needs.
Reporting to the Lead Design Engineer, the Structural Engineer will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Interpreting client needs and create Functional Design Specifications.
- Generating conceptual designs to fulfil requirements.
- Conducting structure analysis studies using STAAD Pro software (or similar).
- Liaising with drawing office to clearly communicate proposed design concepts.
- Creating engineering calculations packages to validate designs.
- Generating, checking, and revising engineering documentation as required.
- Leading design reviews, generating and issuing minutes and closing out action points.
- Under the guidance of the Project / Lead Engineer, prioritising assigned tasks and ensuring on time delivery.
- Attending project specific meetings and provide structural related technical input.
- Providing support to Sales with technical proposals and client meetings, when requested.
- Managing technical elements efficiently and effectively to ensure best solution is provided.
- Providing technical support to workshop and offshore personnel.
- Ensuring equipment designs fulfil company and customer specifications.
- Mentoring graduate engineers as required.
Experience / Qualifications:
- A Degree qualification in Mechanical / Structural / Civil Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- Experience using STAAD Pro/FS2000 or similar.
- Experience in the design of temporary topside structures and grillages, or similar.
- Experience with bolted, pinned, and welded connection design.
- Competent in creating structural design calculation packages and familiarity with mechanical stress calculations
- Experience in FEED and detailed design.
- Experience using Mathcad.
- Experience using FEA (Autodesk NASTRAN or similar).
- Chartered Engineer status.
- Current / valid offshore certification.
- Relevant offshore experience.
- Experience using Autodesk Inventor.
- Experience using AutoCAD.
TMM Recruitment INDENG
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team