Technical Buyer (6 months) - VR/27333
Technical Buyer required to undertake a 6-month fixed-term contract with a subsea engineering company based in the Dyce area of Aberdeen. Hybrid working is available.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with various functions to specify, select and procure equipment/services in accordance with company procedure.
- Understanding and interpreting technical data sufficiently to prepare, issue, review and analyse Request for Quotations (RFQs).
- Contacting a range of suppliers to obtain quotations, agree delivery times and place commitment based on price, quality and according to customer demand, company policy and budget.
- Sourcing alternative products and reviewing existing ones to ensure prices remain competitive with no compromise to quality.
- Placing orders in accordance with production control output, engineering specifications, drawings and other technical documentation. Ensuring purchase order/MSR management (confirmation, expedite, end user communication).
- Supporting the maintenance of fixed pricing schedules, maximising long term agreements and ensuring global requirements are considered.
- Measuring and reporting OTD and other important figures related to the supplier relationship and deliveries.
- Utilising various buyer workbench online reporting tools to measure output against set department KPIs.
- Delivering value and margin improvement through Supply Chain savings and performance improvement.
- Capturing savings, cost avoidance and rebates via one-time saving database.
- Updating and correcting outstanding purchase order commitments and related payables issues.
- Managing the system generated GR/IR reports ensuring that they are kept up to date.
- Supporting the effective reduction in cost of poor quality (COPQ) and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) project within the procurement function.
- Creation, ownership and monitoring of supplier non-conformance reports.
- Participating in out of hours on-call rota.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following experience, skills, and qualifications:
- Extensive experience in a Buyer role, with a broad and practical knowledge of procurement functions and forms of contract and procedures.
- The ability to work within an extremely busy department and cope with the pressure of meeting demanding targets and working to tight deadlines.
- A CIPS qualification is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to present information to senior colleagues.
- Ability to promote the supply chain strategy throughout the business in a positive manner.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, PeopleSoft, or other ERP system.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team