Technical Buyer - VR/29057
Buyer required for a 3 month temporary contract to join a provider of engineering services based in Tullos.
As a Buyer, you will be assisting in the purchasing of all materials, consumables and non-work order related purchases required.
Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the review of customer requirements related to the relevant product or refurbishment work, resolving any issues that differ from those previously expressed.
- Monitoring the progress of purchase orders to ensure on-time completion and financial control on all designated tasks.
- Assisting with the preparation of work pack information required for purchase order processing, including drawings, materials specifications.
- Assisting in the selection of suitable vendors and maintaining an approved vendors list in conjunction with HSEQ.
- Maintaining purchase order records to verify compliance requirements.
- Ensuring adequate control on non-work order related purchases.
- Optimising company expenditure by appropriate selection of vendors in the provision of materials or service at the appropriate values.
- Updating POs with clauses, prices and documents.
- Liaising with staff to ensure the timely expedition of purchased materials and services.
- Carrying out any other reasonable task/activities as requested by Management.
Our client is seeking a candidate with the following skills, experience, and attributes:
- Knowledge of supply chain.
- Knowledge of MRP Systems.
- Preferred to have working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001, however this is not essential.
- Possess a high level of focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess organisational ability and time management skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter with high initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team