Technical Development Manager - Engineering Services (Electrical) - VR/25903
Currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Development Manager - Engineering Services on a permanent staff basis for an electrical contracting company based in Tullos, Aberdeen.
The post holder will be expected to develop existing client relationships and attain opportunities for the Electrical Projects Team – providing technical guidance to ensure service expectations are met.
Reporting to the Engineering Services Director, UK, the Technical Development Manager – Engineering Services will have the following main duties and responsibilities:
- Reviewing client enquiries and offering technical solutions.
- Liaising with clients to provide front end technical support for opportunity development.
- Coordinating inputs to the proposal process from various internal and external sources.
- Generating proposal documents using standard templates.
- Owning and managing all project-based proposals.
- Liaising and building relationships with specialist manufacturer partners.
- Delivering sales and margins in line with the budget.
- Promoting engineering services division in accordance with the technical capabilities within the company.
- Ensuring the company is professionally represented at all times.
- Managing the compilation of information and reporting on enquiries, leads and contract awards.
- Advising on the activity of competitors, both commercially and in-service performance via the monthly OPS report.
- Responsible for inputting client details into the CRM system.
- Ensuring call interactions are recorded in line with the process and in a timely manner.
- Working with the Marketing Team to identify marketing opportunities.
- Being fully aware, assisting and supporting the ongoing development of the integrated management system.
- Maintaining good communications with internal and external clients.
- Taking a proactive approach to continuous improvement and development of the company’s systems and processes.
- Travel may be necessary to ensure delivery of business needs.
- Social and business networking is expected.
Experience / Qualifications:
- An HNC qualification in electrical engineering, as a minimum, is essential.
- Applicants will be expected to possess a sound understanding of electrical standards and approval requirements.
- Previous experience in a similar electrical-focused Technical Development Manager type role is essential.
- Experience in an electrical wholesale environment would be advantageous.
- Fire & gas detection, or control system engineering, experience is essential.
- Applicants should be familiar with hazardous area electrical equipment.
- Experience with E&I minor modification projects is essential.
- Applicants should be able to read and understand electrical technical specifications.
TMM Recruitment firstname.lastname@example.org
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team