Tender Lead - VR/27461
Join a growing, independent subsea contractor in this newly created role as Tender Lead.
As Tender Lead, you’ll provide contractual and commercial support to the organisation, with the primary aim of ensuring the company balances risk and commercial considerations, from receipt of tender enquiry through to contract award, project start up and project close-out, along with direct input into the strategic business plan.
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring tender and proposal activities are recorded in company Business Management System (BMS).
- Acting as the focal point to ensure a thorough tender review process in undertaken in collaboration with other business functions, including identifying where security may be required to mitigate credit, or performance risk, once review has been completed, confirm decision to proceed or decline to tender.
- Managing the life cycle tender / proposal process through company BMS.
- Responsible for managing all commercial and contractual aspects of tenders and budget proposals, including associated subcontractor(s) and where applicable, in conjunction with the Supply Chain Lead, preparing supplier proposals in accordance with company procedures.
- Preparing detailed and accurate cost estimates, including contingency and risk provisions in conjunction with the relevant Project Manager.
- Acting as the focal point for the review, preparing and negotiating all contracts entered by the company, and in the performance of this; seeking legal and / or financial guidance, where necessary.
- Maintaining comprehensive clarification registers for main contracts and subcontracts, where applicable and recorded in the company BMS.
- Preparing commercial and contractual deliverables for inclusion in client tender submissions, i.e., commercial, contractual, and technical qualifications.
- Compiling and manage all pricing documentation along with any other associated documentation required in line with the tendering process.
- Ensuring client contract documentation is duly executed and distributed.
- Subcontractor commercial management with support from supply chain.
- Ensuring proper handover of all relevant commercial and contractual documents between departments; for example, the Operations Team following contract award.
- Ensuring the “as-bid” budget is correctly prepared, diarised and integrated into the project reporting tools for post contract tracking and management.
- Providing post contract commercial and contractual support to the relevant Project Manager on all aspects of the main contract and subcontracts.
- Assisting in reviewing invoices in conjunction with Project Team, prior to submission to the client.
- Developing and improving standard contract templates with a focus on continuous improvement.
This opportunity is well-suited to applicants with experience in a contracts and / or tendering role, with sound contractual knowledge and analytical skills. You’ll also ideally the following skills and attributes:
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Ability to effectively establish positive working relationships with clients and the Management Team.
- Able to use own initiative and self-motivated with excellent time management.
- Capable in working under pressure, to deadlines and operate in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Highly numerate and able to manipulate and develop excel spreadsheets.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- A "can do" positive attitude, with a focus on delivery.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Flexible team player with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Highly organised and efficient with attention to detail.
TMM Recruitment INDSCC
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team