Training & Competency Manager - VR/26519
Training & Competency Manager assignment with a leading energy service business in Aberdeen. This 12-month contract position supports T&C strategy for the business and manages Competence Management System improvement projects. Ideal applicants will have extensive competency experience and Assessor/Verifier qualifications, with a background in the offshore industry.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with client and internal stakeholders.
- Holding regular project delivery progress meetings with stakeholders and maintaining records of such in line with CMS requirements. Ensuring execution of the relevant Training and Competence delivery plans in the expected timeframe.
- Working with all stakeholders on agreed KPI targets and measuring targets appropriately.
- Developing the Operations and Maintenance Apprentice and Trainee programmes, as well as working together with management on implementation of the proposed tiered grading system.
- Ensuring adequate support is provided to employees, managers and offshore supervision/assessors.
- Liaising with external awarding bodies as required.
- Managing and overseeing the ongoing review of CMS processes, framework and standards.
- Identifying areas of improvement within CMS scope; making the necessary changes, as agreed with stakeholders and supporting with the roll out of any changes internally/externally. Ensuring effective implementation of agreed CMS changes.
- Providing monitoring/status reports on gaps/trends/risks and implementation solutions to ensure the training and competency requirements are met.
- Compiling reports to the Management Team and client in the agreed format; system export reports, presentation and/or Power-BI dashboard reports.
- Being accountable for maintenance of Onboard Tracker and working with IT to implement necessary reports and changes, as required.
- Assisting in creation of in-house CMS e-learning, if deemed applicable.
- Ensuring client training matrices are developed and maintained within Onboard Tracker.
- Engaging with the appropriate teams to ensure integrated and cohesive solutions are developed and agreed by key stakeholders.
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience of competence assessment principles and leading a team of Competence professionals.
- Experience in the development and implementation of competence systems.
- Experienced in assessment and verification activity.
- A proven ability to train, motivate and coach team members in their practice.
- Experience of developing competence standards including performance and knowledge criteria.
- Experience working with a digital CMS (desirable).
- Familiar with Operations and Maintenance roles and Competence standards (desirable).
- Practicing Assessor/Verifier - L&D9/11; A1, V1; D32/33/34.
- Confident with all Microsoft applications.
- Good understanding of operational and regulatory training and competence requirements.
- Ability to work on own initiative and remain flexible.
- Ability to take ownership and lead the way with projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to influence stakeholders of all levels and engage with the offshore workforce.
- Ability to prioritise workload and regularly re-evaluate progress.
- Ability to provide clear communication and recognise when alternative methods of delivery may be necessary.
- Positive mind set with problem solving ability.
- Maintain high standards of integrity.
- Understanding of the importance of quality assurance.
- Ability to coach and mentor.
TMM Recruitment INDHR
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team