Workshop Technician (Drilling & Completions) - VR/28022
TMM Recruitment is supporting an energy service with their appointment of a Workshop Technician (Drilling & Completions).
Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Actively supporting all product lines (PCS, IExplore and D&C) domestically and provide technical advice as required in relation to Aberdeen workshop and attending customer visits if/when requested.
- Actively participating in and driving continuous improvements within the workshop and driving a 1 team mentality.
- Refurbishing and maintain company wellhead equipment to company specifications and meet service delivery.
- Installing surface wellhead equipment such as casing hangers and seal assemblies, various BOP test plugs, wear bushings, load shoulder equipment, running hydraulic seal assembly running tools and other equipment involved in drilling surface installation.
- Maintenance which includes integrity testing of all valves, actuators and associated equipment with Xmas trees and wellheads.
- Assembling, dis-assembling and repairing any parts associated with Xmas trees and surface equipment.
- Carrying out the assembly and where applicable test, of a wide range of equipment, in accordance with engineering drawings and product specifications.
- Dis-assembling, cleaning and basic repair of returned equipment in accordance with refurbishment specifications.
- Potential client or third party interface as part of specific tasks related to components of the wellhead system e.g. witness tests/make-ups.
- Undertaking other workshop duties as directed by Workshop Supervisor.
- Adopting safe behaviours and exercising due regard for the health and safety of yourself colleagues and others, by ensuring all duties are executed in a manner minimising harm to personnel or the environment.
- Ensuring you work in a competent, safe and professional manner, complying with all relevant policies and procedures set out by company and the Health & Safety Executive at all times.
- Ensuring workshops are audit ready and meet the requirements set forth in ISO9001 and 45001.
- Complying with base KPI’s and ensuring that you contribute to the success of the team.
- Meeting or exceeding on time delivery (OTD) targets.
- Ensuring workshops are clean, tidy and well organised at all times.
- Assisting all workshop visitors coming to worksite.
- Driving continuous improvements in close collaboration with management.
- Actively participating in internal training programs and safety meetings.
- Ensuring all required paperwork is complete and signed off prior to submission (job documentation, certification, daily checks etc.).
- Supporting other surface business units within geomarket and/or further afield as/when required.
- System support when required (SAP, Inteserv, POS, KPI platform, ILearn, Intelex).
- Ensuring all purchased goods and services have an allocated PO number which has been raised in accordance with the company procedure.
- Keeping P&C informed of any changes in your work situation or personnel details specifically, next of kin, telephone numbers, home address and email address.
- ONC/HNC in Mechanical Engineering preferred. High school education at a minimum.
- A skilled Mechanical Technician with proven industry experience.
- Must be fluent in English (written and oral) and have full UK driver’s license.
- Gantry Crane certification.
- Forklift certification.
- Basic Torque/Tensioning abilities.
- Must have strong communication skills, capable of liaising with internal/external customers and suppliers.
- Pro-active team player, wiling to share their experience and learn new skills whilst demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Ability to provide technical solutions for all product lines, solve any operational problems that may arise in the workshop and be able to plan and execute all work scopes.
- Must have strong knowledge of oil and gas sector, domestic and field operations that relate directly to the equipment maintained and its functionality.
TMM Recruitment INDTRA
Receive information on the latest job opportunities by email. Subscribing to our job alert service is convenient and easy.Sign Up Now
Great recruitment is all about the people you work with. We take the work we do for you, not ourselves, really seriously.Our Team